This past weekend, I took home a great deal of my week's unfinished carrots. As I always strive to finish an entire bag by myself at school, I was excited to brainstorm ways to finish them. The recipe I ended up preparing was called "Garlic Parmesan Baked Carrot Fries" on Tasty.co. It is one of my little sister's favorites. After making slight modifications, I followed the following instructions:
- 2 large carrots
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley or basil (chopped)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
(Link to vegan option):
1. Preheat the oven to 400F
2. Slice carrots into 3 portions lengthwise, and in halves for width
3. Toss with garlic, pepper, cheese, and avocado oil
4. Lay carrots evenly onto baking tray
5. Sprinkle chopped parsley on top of carrots
6. Bake for 20 minutes (I like them to be crispy!) :)
I ended up using a total of four carrots because I enjoyed them that much. These would be a great snack to include at a family dinner or for a social gathering with friends. If you click the button below, you can also see a dip that Tasty.co created for them.
Leave a Reply.
Ava is a Registered Dietitian with a BS in Nutritional Science from Penn State University. She completed her postgraduate dietetic internship at Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center where she had a critical care concentration. She started her RD career working at a level one trauma center providing Medical Nutrition Therapy to patients in the Greater New York City area. She now resides in South Florida as her hospital's full time outpatient dietitian, overseeing outpatient nutrition for cardiometabolic, bariatric, and hospital medical nutrition therapy.