1. Egg White Grill (290 calories, 30g carbohydrates, 26g protein, 8g fat)
2. Hashbrown Scramble Bowl with Nuggets, No Hashbrowns (320 calories, 7g carbohydrates, 28g protein, 20g fat)
3. English Muffin (140 calories, 29g carbohydrates, 5g protein , 2g fat)
4. Greek Yogurt Parfait (270 calories, 36g carbohydrates, 25g protein, 3g fat)
1. Grilled Nuggets (8 count) (130calories, 1g carbohydrates, 25g protein,3 g fat)
2. Kale Lemon Caeser Salad with Grilled Nuggets (470 calories, 22g carbohydrates, 24g fat, 43g protein)
3. Nugget 5 Piece Kids Meal with Small Fruit Cup & 1% Milk (300 calories, 30g carbohydrates, 9g fat, 24 g protein).
4. Grilled Nugget 5 Piece Kids Meal with Small Fruit Cup & 1% Milk (220 calories, 24g carbohydrates, 4g fat, 23g protein).
5. Grilled Chicken Sandwich (380 calories, 44g carbohydrates, 28g protein, 11g fat).
1. Medium Fruit Cup (60 calories, 15g carbohydrates, 3g fat, 1g protein)
2. Kale Crunch Side Salad (120 calories, 8g carbohydrates, 3g protein, 9g fat)
3. Cup of Chicken Noodle Soup (125 calories, 21g carbohydrates, 9g protein, 3.5g fat).
1. Frosted Lemonade with Diet Lemonade (250 calories, 46g carbohydrates, 6g protein, 6g fat)
2. Medium Fruit Cup (60 calories, 15g carbohydrates, 1g protein, 3g fat)
3. Ice Dream Cone (180 calories, 32g carbohydrates, 4g protein, 4g fat)
1. Water (0 calories, 0 carbohydrates)
2. Diet Lemonade, Small (30 calories, 8g carbohydrates)
3. Unsweetened Iced Tea ( (0 calories, 0g carbohydrates)
4. SunJoy, Small (½ unsweet tea, ½ diet lemonade) (15 calories, 4g carbohydrates)
5. 1% milk (90 calories, 10g carbohydrates, 2g fat, 7g protein)
In the morning, most people like a caffeinated “Pick Me Up”- whether it is tea or coffee. As could be expected, it is hard to make any nutrition mistakes with black coffee or unsweetened tea. However, there is much variation in the added calories, sugars, and fat added to these beverages depending on how we place our order. When selecting a coffee or tea, I would advise making sure it is low in saturated fat (<5% on the nutrition facts label), and that there is less than 10g of added sugar. Selecting fat free dairy products like skim milk, as well as milk alternatives such as oat milk or almond milk will help to limit the added saturated fat that could come from whole milk or creamer. Picking unsweetened versions of drinks or using artificial sweetener instead of sugar will help you to avoid exceeding 10g of added sugar in your beverages. Below are some healthier beverage options from Dunkin Donuts.
Ava is a Registered Dietitian with a BS in Nutritional Science from Penn State University. She completed her postgraduate dietetic internship at Penn Medicine Princeton Medical Center where she had a critical care concentration. She started her RD career working at a level one trauma center providing Medical Nutrition Therapy to patients in the Greater New York City area. She now resides in South Florida as her hospital's full time outpatient dietitian, overseeing outpatient nutrition for cardiometabolic, bariatric, and hospital medical nutrition therapy.